Robert Thompson, author of The Offsite: A Leadership Challenge Fable, has over three decades of executive coaching, speaking, and most importantly, real-life, in-the-trenches business experience, and he recently spoke with Shawn Ellis, founder of The Speakers Group and ROI Speakers, about his book and his views on leadership as “a moment-to-moment choice and not about title, tenure or position.” Listen to the audio below to hear Robert talk about:
- Whether or not any of The Offsite characters are based on real people
- Five myths of leadership, such as “leadership and management are the same” and “open door policies are always the best policy”
- Five Practices of Exemplary Leaders
- The research that supports The Offsite and The Leadership Challenge
- Solutions offered by The Offsite and Robert’s speaking programs during these challenging times
And watch a preview video of Robert’s “Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership” presentation here.
SPECIAL “STIMULUS SPECIAL” BONUS OFFER:
Meetings budgets are more restricted than ever, yet never have meetings been so valuable. In response, Robert is offering a significant discount on his speaking engagements — more than 50% off his standard rates — for all bookings confirmed between now and December 31, 2009. To learn more, submit an inquiry or call us at 615-526-6600 extension 105.